Thanksgiving is always a little weird here, and somewhat sad, because I am not with my family. But, as we have for the three Thanksgivings I have been here (wow, I can not believe that it has been that many) we celebrated with our Dominican team.
Everyone brought a typical Thanksgiving dish. It always consists of turkey and dressing and the usuals but we always have a little different flavor based on all of our family traditions. There was strawberry pretzel salad, sweet potato casserole, cheesy corn casserole, hash brown casserole, green bean bacon wraps, fresh bread, home made apple pies, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and more. It was a feast and we had a great time.
After we were all about to see our food twice we rested before it was game time.
We had a lot of fun playing "Scattegories" and "Hand and Food".
After I got back to my house I was able to Skype with Dad, Mom, Trent, Micah and Nikki.
It was a great Thanksgiving. God has given me so many things to be grateful for. Here are my top 5 for the year (in no particular order).
1. The trust that God has in me to give me the chance to make a small difference in the world. And the door that he has open for me right now is here in the Dominican Republic.
2. The Manna Team who supports and works with me.
3. The unbelievable support that I get from the United States.
4. The Perry family, who loves and supports me and has been a huge part of getting me here, even if they do not know it.
5. My immediate family, who supports and loves me even when I do not get to see them very often.
I hope that you all had a marvelous Thanksgiving. And get ready, Christmas is coming. (And if you were here, it had already come, starting November 1).
Thank you for all the many many blessings that you have given me in this life. I am thankful for all of them. I know that I rarely thank you for them. Thank you, at least, for the yearly reminder to think on all of those things. I do pray that you be with my family and pray that the time comes soon when we can see each other.
I love you every day!