Tuesday, September 22, 2009

the natural state.

“the natural state.”
For those of you that do not know the official nickname of Arkansas is “The Natural State”. Though it is not the coolest nickname, it is the place that I called home for four years. I loved my time at Harding University, but it was not the university, the city, nor the state that made it a very memorable four years. So before leaving for a while to the Dominican Republic, I took a little trip to the Natural State to see some people whom I love very much.
First stop: Searcy
I arrived in Searcy Thursday evening and stayed until early Saturday morning. It was a great two days spent with friends and doing the normal Searcy thing that I had gotten so accustomed to, including Charley’s Pizza and Mi Ranchito, and student center for lunch, and volleyball with good friends.
I spent my first night in the apartment with two of my roommates from last year and my second night with the new homeowner and Spring Sing freak and another old roommate.
I am so blessed.
To all of you in Searcy, Arkansas: I love you very much. Thank you for still being in Searcy so that I could see you. Please do not forget that I love you and think about you a lot.
Last stop: Rogers/Springdale
I left Searcy early Saturday morning in order to get to Rogers, Arkansas to spend some time with two people who mean so much to me. I arrived at Brittney’s house around noon and got to spend the whole day with her and her fiancée, my old roommate. We had a lot of fun. I got to see Brittney’s classroom and me and Greg helped her to get some stuff done. We went to church the next morning then restauranted together at Cracker Barrel before I embarked upon the long journey back to Chattanooga and the “Volunteer State”.
We had a lot of fun in Rogers including two competitions of which both were won by Greg.
To Greg and Brittney: I love you so much. I miss you. I am so glad I got to spend some time with just you guys. You have been two constants in my life for a very long time and I could not think of anything better than two of my best friends getting married. Keep God in your relationship and do not let go of Him or each other. You know I am here for you!
“God, Friends are awesome. I am so blessed to be able to have so many. I am at a loss for words as to what to say about them and how much I love them and how badly I want and know that you keep them safe. I miss them so much, and seeing them is a great reminder of the many people I have in the United States that I am thinking about. I love them and want the very best for them. I love you everyday.”

“el estado natural”
Para los que de ustedes que no saben el apodo official de Arkansas es “El Estado Natural”. Mientras que no es el apodo mejor es el lugar en que vivía yo por cuatro años. Me encantaba mis años en la Universidad de Harding, pero no era la universidad, ni la ciudad, ni el estado que lo hizo memorable. Así, antes de irme a la Republica Dominicana por un rato, fui por un viajito al estado natural a ver unas personas que amo mucho.
La primera parada: Searcy
Llegué en Searcy en la tarde del jueves y me quedé hasta la mañana el sabado. Fueron dos días terríficos con amigos y haciendo la normal en Searcy a que me había acostumbrado, incluyendo “Charley’s Pizza”, “Mi Ranchito”, el centro de estudiantes, y volibol con amigos.
Quedé la primera noche en un apartamento con dos de mis cumpañeros de cuarto del año pasado y la segunda con el nuevo dueño de casa (el gran fanático se “Spring Sing”) y un otro cumpañero de cuarto.
A todos de ustedes en Searcy: Les amo mucho. Gracias por todavía estar en Searcy para que pudiera verles. No se olvidan que les amo y pienso en Uds. mucho.
La última parada: Rogers/Springdale
Salí de Searcy muy temprano de la mañana del sabado para llegar a Rogers, Arkansas para pasar tiempo con dos personas que quiero mucho. Llegué a la casa de Brittney el mediodía y pude pasar todo el día con ella y su prometido, un otro cumpañero de cuarto mío. Nos divertimos mucho. Pude ver a la aula de Brittney y Greg y yo la ayudamos hacer unas cosas. La mañana siguiente fuimos a la iglesia y nos almorzamos juntos en Cracker Barrel antes de que embarqué en la jornada a Chattanooga y “El Estado Voluntario”.
Nos divertimos mucho en Rogers, incluyendo dos competiciones de los cuales fueron ganado por Greg.
A Greg y Brittney: Les amo mucho. Les extraño. Estoy tan agradecido poder pasar tiempo con ustedes. Hace mucho tiempo que son constantes en la vida mía y no puedo pensar en nada mejor que se casen dos de mis amigos mejores. Mantegan Dios en su relación y no le dejen de Él ni de ustedes mismos. Sepan que estoy aquí para Uds.
“Dios, amigos son incredibles y estoy bendecido tener muchos. Tengo una pérdida de palabras saber lo que decir acerca de ellos y cuánto les amo y cuánto quiero y yo sé que les guardes seguros. Les extraño mucho y poder verles fue un gran recuerdo de las muchas personas en los EE.UU. en que pienso. Les amo mucho y quiero el mejor para ellos. Te amo todos los días.”

No comments:

Post a Comment