Sunday, October 24, 2010

dinner with Freddy

While I was in the United States I got an email from Norm telling me that we had been invited to a dinner with some of our Dominican friends.

Yesterday Norm, Kevin, and I went to Freddy’s house. Freddy is a well known man in Rio San Juan who owns a restaurant that we go to a lot. He has been very close to a lot of people in our ministry starting mostly with Holly and TJ McCloud. I got very close to his son, Nobel, the summer that I lived in Rio San Juan. Nobel has since gone to college in Santiago, but I still get to talk with him every once in a while.
Nubia, our secretary, is very good friends with Freddy and family and she was also there last night at our dinner.

There is not a whole lot to say about it. Nothing extremely exciting happened but I do love that family. We got to go out to their house in the country with an amazing view of the ocean. The food, of course was delicious. Who would expect anything different from the owner of a restaurant?

Freddy has an exceptional family. The biggest encouragement I get out of the family is that they do not care what is going on around them, they stick to their believes midst being surrounded by a very worldly city.

God,

Thank you so much for Freddy and his family. Thank you for Nubia and her friendship to us. I am so encouraged to see people in this country who are diligently trying to seek you and and do your divine will, no matter what is going on around them.

Bless them and keep them safe.

I love you everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment