Saturday, May 22, 2010

firsts.

There are always firsts in life, and today I experienced a first.

I was at Carmen’s house, one of our Dominican friends who, I might add, is one of the most hospitable people I know. Well, we were drinking coffee one of her neighbors called her and told her that there was a cow trying to give birth but was having problems and to call the vet in Rio San Juan to come out and attend to it. Well I decided I wanted to see it and to see the vet deliver this baby calf. We, Chiquito (Carmen’s husband), Porfi, and I, went to see the cow and wait for the vet to arrive. He finally arrived about a half an hour later. The problem was the calf was trying to come out feet first. So the vet, with some very large gloves helped the poor little calf be born.

Wow, it was so interesting and so weird. Never seen anything like that before, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Lord,

wow. What a weird experience that just seems so normal to so many people here. I know it is natural but for me to see it was definitely a first. I love you everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment