Saturday, August 14, 2010

F*R*I*E*N*D*S in my house.

This past Spring Break when Freed Hardeman came they did some work on my house. I wrote about it and posted some pictures. Again, they did an amazing job. But when they were here one the many mothers God blessed me with was here. Jan Beckham was here and did an amazing job at helping out around the house. She also noticed something as she was working on my house. I have little to no furniture. So she took it upon herself to raise money in her Sunday Bible class to get me some furniture. I know it has been a while and I wish I could have gotten it so much sooner but logistically getting furniture down here to Rio San Juan is quit the challenge, especially when there are seven groups

here. And, it is really difficult to find good furniture here at a decent price.

Well, this week we went to Santiago to do some after group shopping. My decorator even went with me. I have no eye for things like furniture, basically because it make no difference to me, Rachel Aldridge was assigned the task of picking out my furniture. At PriceSmart, which is like a Latin American version of Cosco or Sams, we found some brown leather recliners. They were at such a good price I was able to buy two: one for me and one for Jean Carlos. They are excellent and very comfortable, not to mention they remind me of Joey and

Chandlers chairs.

To Jan Beckham, thank you so much for taking the initiative to do something like this for me. I am very grateful as is Jean Carlos and every other Dom

inican kid that comes over to the house. More than just having a comfortable place to sit, I am thankful for knowing that I have someone thinking about me and this work. I am so thankful for your prayers.

To the Bible Class at Red Bank who raised the money, thank you for your support. It means so much more to me to know there are so many people in the States that have a hand in this work than having some comfortable chairs.

God,

Thank you for the many amazing people I have in my life. I am so blessed. Thank you again to the Spring Break group who came and did amazing work on my house. Thank you for people like Jan Beckham who continue to pray and support me. Help me to use these chairs not as an escape but as a way to relax at then end of the day, and a way to welcome more Dominicans into my house.

I love you everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment