Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hide and Seek.

These past few days I have been able to basically not leave Caraqueña. To some that might sound like not so much fun, but I have loved it. It is so nice to just be able to stay right here, get a lot done and at the same time not have to go far. I love it out here in the country and I love the people out here, especially the kids.

The boys from the Children’s Home have all come back from vacation now and are in the home. Wow, how I have missed Wilson, Randy, Ariel, and Adolfo. What amazing boys who are such blessings in my life, and what an amazing opportunity God has given me to be a part of their life and their growing experience.

I have also been able to spend a lot of time with the kids from here in Caraqueña. I love just being able to play with them, but I pray that I am being a good example to them and using the opportunities God has given me to teach them about what God has done for them. They spend a lot of time here at the house and today we even went to the river to play for a while (the only two hours in the past three days that I have left this little town).

Tonight we played hide and seek here at the house. It was very fun, probably the most fun I have ever had playing that game.

I do want to mention some specific names of people in Caraqueña that I am praying very hard for. I am praying for them all but these are some of the ones that I feel like God has really put on my heart to try and disciple and tell them the good news of Jesus Christ.

Jean Carlos. I can not imagine most people who know me not knowing who Jean Carlos is. He is the boy that lives with me. He is the boy who God used to open my heart to move to this place.

Carlos. Carlos is someone who I have known for a long time, but recently things have changed with him. He has really started taking an interest in the Lord. We have talked about it some but we are spending a lot of time together. This summer he was spending more time with the groups than he ever has before and thanks to a friendship he had with on of our interns, he has started to come to church. I am looking and praying for those situations to talk to him more about the Word and his faith. Pray for him and pray for me to take advantage of every opportunity I have with him to bring him closer to God.

Cristofer. This is a boy I have known for a while. He has had a very hard life but is begging for someone to love him. He will be in his first year of high school next year and still just wants a hug every time I see him.

Overlín. For those of you that have come here with a group, this is the boy that is very little for his age, he is twelve, but is extremely good at soccer. He is our secret weapon. Aside from that, he has a huge opportunity to grow in the Lord. I have said this to some before but of all the children in Caraqueña, I see more opportunity than most. He is a great kid but battling some hard battles. He is battling a family who will not let him come to some things, like church, because they do not want him involved with that. Pray that God gives me the opportunities to work around that and keep him involved. I do not want him to suffer just because his family will not let him be involved with a lot of our activities.

Wilson. This is our oldest boy in the Children’s Home right now. He and Porfi really have a great relationship that continues to grow but he is getting to the point of being able to make some big decisions on how the next phase of his life will be. Pray for him and us as we try to be there for him.

There are so many others here but these are a few that God has specifically put on my heart and that are at an age to really start making some big decisions for God.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the time I have had here in Caraqueña. I am so thankful to be able to be here and be a part of this little town. Thank you for all of these boys that I have mentioned. I want to specifically lift up these names to you. Jean Carlos. Carlos. Cristofer. Overlín. Wilson. They are all amazing boys with so much opportunity. Give me the courage to talk to them about you more and more each day and help them to continue to grow. Help me be the example to them that they need and forgive me when I fail in that role. Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of their lives. Keep them safe. I love you everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment