Sunday, August 29, 2010

flies.

“God’s Message:‘Release my people so they can worship me. If you don’t release my people, I’ll release swarms of flies on you, your servants, your people, and your homes. The houses of Egyptians and even the ground under their feet will be thick with flies...And God did just that...All over Egypt, the country ruined by flies.”

I am not sure what that was like, having the ground “thick” with flies and to have so many to ruin everything, but it sure does seem like we have been going thru a plague here in the Dominican Republic.

The flies are out of control here. It is okay until you try to get out any kind of food, then the game is over until dark. No matter what you do, they will not go away. It is so bad that when I let them sit for a minute on a table then run my hand over the table my hand runs into many flies at once.

Last week Carlos, a good friend of mine, gave me some stuff his mother had bought to kill flies. He put in on my table and for a week I was sweeping thousands of flies out of the house four or five times a day. But when I went to his house is when I thought of the plague in Egypt when it says “even the ground under their feet will be thick with flies”. They too had put out that stuff to kill flies. Carlos step-dad, Juan, makes cheese, so there is constantly milk and cheese in their house. When I went to their house Juan was sweeping and in their kitchen, I could literally not see the floor for all the dead flies, it was incredible.

I can not imagine what those Egyptians were going thru.

God,

These flies are extremely annoying but I have learned to realize from the people here that there is really just nothing we can do about it, but be patient. Give me patience to not let Satan get a hold of me, thru the little things, like flies. I love you everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment